Retrofit is an ANSI art adapter for the modern terminal. It uses a series of transformations to make it possible to view ANSI art pieces in a regular Unix-like terminal and Windows console.
Rather than recreating the whole picture within an in-memory virtual terminal, retrofit uses the actual terminal as a live buffer. That makes it possible to view the art piece at limited baud, with accurate timing. It also correctly handles drawing out-of-order and full-blown ansimations.
- Various adaptations of encoding and ANSI escape sequence behavior
- Independence of the underlying terminal color scheme and dimensions
- Color transformations that make it match the original palette closer
- Accurate baud limiting
- Support for iCE colors
- Support for PabloDraw 24-bit color codes
- Ability to limit screen height, while correctly handling long-scrolling pictures
Check out Dispenser for a quick live-demo!
Usage and details
Please visit the retrofit page at SourceHut.
retrofit @ SourceHut